Because of the unique emotional connections between people and food, our job is to develop a "social soul" for a restaurant, a hotel, a public square, a shopping complex or a museum.
People think we're designers, which isn't quite the case: We're design managers and highly professional operators. We do the creative and conceptual thinking. And because we're very bottom-line oriented, we work on economic and market analyses for a venture. Then we manage the work of designers, architects and facilities consultants—inch by inch and table by table—through completion of the job. We develop budgets; food and menus that sing to customers; tabletop and graphics that reinforce the food concept; and then we assist in a successful launch.
If this were the movie business, you'd call us "producers" because we put together all the players and then manage their work.
We perform for our clients the very same work that we do for ourselves when opening one of our own places. Whether starting from scratch or rejuvenating an existing restaurant, we're there, every step of the way.
We'll study a problem and a location and devise a unique conceptual solution. We'll work with your architect/designer or suggest one of the great professionals who we think is right for you.
Then we'll work in close collaboration with you and the entire team on:
More than any other restaurant consulting group, we've worked with the world's most celebrated designers and architects:
- Business Planning & Development.
- Design Concepts and merchandising Programs.
- Master Planning of Hotels and Retail Developments
- Design Management of every aspect and every inch of the project, from Seating Plans to Lighting Strategy to Selection of Furnishings and Materials to Kitchen Design.
- Menu and Food Development.
- Pre-Opening and Opening Budgets and Schedules.
- Marketing Plans and Strategies.
- Requests for Proposals.
- Lease Negotiating and Operating Agreements.
Beyer Blinder Belle